Martin County Board of Education Vision
The Martin County Board of Education will provide students the educational skill sets as determined by the North Carolina State Board of Education to be college and/or career ready by graduation so that they may be successful in their chosen post-secondary endeavors.
Martin County Board of Education Mission
The Martin County Board of Education is committed to ensuring that all students will be provided with a quality academic, technological and challenging education in a safe, orderly and productive environment in order that they may become a contributing member in the 21st century global society.
Martin County Board of Education 5-year System-Wide Goals
1. Students in Grades 3-8 will be at 80% proficient on their North Carolina End of Grade Reading tests.
2. Students in Grades 3-8 will be at 90% proficient on their North Carolina End of Grade Math tests.
3. Students in Grade 5 will be at 70% proficient on the North Carolina End of Grade Science test.
4. Students in Grade 8 will be at 75% proficient on the North Carolina End of Grade Science test.
5. Students in Grades 9-12 will be 85% proficient on all North Carolina End of Course tests.
6. Students in Grade 10 will be 75% proficient on the North Carolina Writing test.
7. Students in Grade 8 will be 100% proficient on the technology competency skills assessment.
8. Increase the four-year cohort graduation rate to 85%.
9. Each school makes individual Expected Growth in the North Carolina ABC model.
10. Each school makes AYP in No Child Left Behind.
11. All subgroups of 9-12th grade students at 70% in Reading/Language Arts.
12. All subgroups of 9-12th grade students at 85% in Math.
13. All subgroups of 3-8th grade students at 72% in Reading.
14. All subgroups of 3-8th grade students at 90% in Math.
15. Initiate and implement a system-wide Writing program K-12.
16. Initiate and implement an ACT program for our high school and middle school students.
17. Initiate and implement a WorkKeys testing program for all high school students.
18. Initiate and implement a remedial/enrichment period schedule during the day at each school.
19. Initiate and implement an End-Of-Grade test conversion grade scale for middle school students.
20. Initiate and implement a Comprehensive Guidance program.
21. Initiate and implement a Technology plan to expand infrastructure and bandwidth, as well as increase hardware, software, and online web-based programs throughout the school district.
22. Initiate professional development for administrators and teachers to address the new Common Core curriculum and assessments.
23. Initiate Global Schools of Technology for 21st Century learners.